The world has hugely changed since the beginning of history. We evolutionized as a result of nature failures and mistakes, such as cataclysms, genetic mutations, natural selection. Well, mistakes made us who we are. These are mistakes that make us evolutionize, make progress in everything we do, especially in a tech field. But mistakes can also bring negative effects if they remain unaddressed. The fact is that we, humans, still keep being imperfect creatures and continue creating software products with bugs, no matter what time limits we have.
And it’s us, software testing professionals and QA specialists, who turn error-full software into ready to work, bug-free products which fill the needs of an end user and bring profit and revenue to their owner.
Serving as a bridge between users and development team of a product, the ultimate goal of software testing is to troubleshoot all the issues and bugs as well as control the quality of a resulted product. On the way to the ultimate goal of testing using manual and automated means, QA specialists are aimed to complete different objectives.
Here are five the most essential software testing objectives:
- Prevent defects in a system at the earliest stage of development. The bug-prevention objective is superior to others and implies not only anticipation but also prevention of defects from recurring in the future. In the long run, bug prevention helps to shorten the product time to market, reduce the cost of software quality maintenance and increase the customer satisfaction and loyalty to your product.
- Detect and root out bugs and malfunctions before customers find them. It’s a short-term objective that requires a scrutinous approach which can be provided by manual software testing.
- Make sure that the product satisfies the user requirements and works as desired. In the process of the software verification & validation, a tester usually writes a set of test cases which help to determine the software compliance with specific business and user requirements under positive and negative conditions.
- Keep control of software quality and reliability. Keeping control of software quality means keeping bugs at a low level and making sure software is compatible. Software compatibility is the capability of a software or an app to work well with other hardware, software or network, including web, desktop, mobile platform types, all types of operating systems and web browsers, etc.
- Provide suggestions for software improvements. A good software testing provider should not only tell the difference between the actual and expected result but also make suggestions on how to improve this or that software element performance from the user perspective.
Well, making mistakes is in our DNA code. It’s ok if your product suffers from bugs or malfunctions. But, keep in mind that the beauty of the mistake you make is in its early detection and elimination. QA Madness team provides any type of a full-lifecycle software testing solutions. It’s our goal to find them for you as early as possible.