The UK merchant owner of two e-commerce websites* running on Magento 1 and Magento 2 platforms. Our cooperation started in 2017 and had been ongoing for the next two years.
* We recognize the importance of protecting our clients’ privacy and follow the policies to maintain their confidentiality and security. That is why the company name will not be disclosed.
Although the company had a professional development team, it lacked in-house web quality assurance. They needed a dedicated QA team that could have helped with a comprehensive quality check-up for their web stores. The engineers at QA Madness provided a full-scale software strategy by conducting functional, GUI, integration, cross-browser, cross-platform, and smoke testing.
- First, we compiled testing documentation and checklists with nearly 800 test cases planned for both stores
- Our specialists analyzed websites for functionality and updated testing documentation
- The team managed to detect clashes between new and old features with the help of integration tests
- Over the course of cross-browser and cross-platform testing, we performed testing on Chrome, FireFox, Edge, IE11, Safari as well as iPad 2017, iPhone 6, Samsung S7, Kindle fire 3rd given that the users were from different countries
- GUI tests aimed to ensure the users easily adapt to the software interface & design via any device
- Each product release underwent smoke testing. We checked website functionality, registration platform, login, product display, adding items to the cart, and order placement. Also, the QA team tested new code and its possible negative impact on system functionality
- By conducting functional testing, we shared our recommendations on creating new features and upgrading the existing ones
- Over the 2-year cooperation, QA Madness team detected nearly 1050 bugs within both e-commerce platforms
- Website smooth performance led to a conversion rate increase by 4.7%
- Our team established priority of functions. We assigned high priority to those frequently used
- Our QA strategy helped to increase user session time in nearly 20 seconds